Cambodia Tour & Vacation Packages
Charming Cambodia: Kingdom of Wonder
Located in the southern area of the Indochina peninsula in Southeast Asia, The Kingdom of Cambodia emerges with several breathtaking sceneries which show the diversity of history, culture and natural resources. When taking Cambodia vacation packages, you will be seduced by pristine landscapes from long-standing temples, ancient monuments, traditional heritages to glamorous natural beauty of evergreen rivers, beautiful forests, spectacular waterfalls and gorgeous beaches. So, if you are planning for your vacation in somewhere in Asia, Cambodia will be the perfect destination where inherits several tourist attractions from the nature, and brings you unforgettable moments and most fascinating experiences ever!
In order to enjoy your Cambodia vacation packages with your beloved ones, be sure you visit the country in the right time. Cambodia is a tropical climate country, where maintains warmth all year around. The weather is also strongly affected by monsoon, which divides the climate into 4 main seasons: dry, cool, hot and rainy season. Therefore, the climate balances the significant amount of sun, high rate of rain and humidity. People can visit Cambodia at anytime of the year, however, the best time to travel to Cambodia is in the highest peak of tourism in this country: November to February. These months are in the cool season, which is mild for discovering this charming kingdom in comfort but warm enough to enjoy beautiful sunny days on gorgeous beaches. Besides, travelling to Cambodia in this period can help avoid mud and flood, limit rain. It will be the best time for your perfect trip with exploration to the hidden heritages deep inside evergreen tropical forest, and great visit to ancient temples to contemplate the picturesque long-standing beauty under glowing sunshine!
When travelling to Cambodia, Phnom Penh will be a perfect first stop that hearty welcomes you to this kingdom of wonder. Located in the Middle South, Phnom Penh is the capital, as well as the biggest city, where gathers both ancient and modern sights in Cambodia. It will be a great experience to merge yourself into several cultural and religious highlights in the centre of the city including Royal Palace, the glamorous Silver Temple, Phnom Chisor Temple, Wat Ounalom or The Cambodian Performing Arts Center – where displays a lot of local activities and outstanding features in Cambodian daily life.
Let’s take a deep insight to figure out about Cambodian history with special visit to Independence Monument, The National Museum or Choeung Ek and Toul Sleng, where keeps memorial of victims killed by ‘Red Khmer’ and tragic horrors in the past. Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue is also an ideal tourist attraction for a fantastic trip to visit wide range of animals.
Leave the historical and cultural aspects for an amazing and lively atmosphere in The Central Market with rich cuisine and animated night activities.
Move to the northwest of Cambodia, Siem Reap will hold your feet by picturesque natural landscapes and charming long-standing temples. At the first glance at Siem Reap, Angkor Wat emerges as the most breathtaking wonder that every traveler must come when in Cambodia. Being well-known widely all over the world, Angkor Wat, which was built from the 12th century, is the largest temple complex and the the most important religious monuments in Southeast Asia. Upon arrival, you can take a walking tour to discover this majestic heritage site. But it’s certain that you will prefer staying on a hot air balloon and flying high up to the sky to contemplate the greatest panorama of the most wonderful historical attraction of Indochina area.
Besides, don’t hesitate to explore the other outstanding places such as Landmines Museum and School, where remains horrors from Khmer Empire and poor rural schools that you can make a donation. Start a deep discover into the forest and visit Bayon – famous Angkor Thom Temple with smiling faces, which are the symbol of Mahayana Buddhist King Jayavarman VII. Reach other outstanding temples such as Banteay Srei, Ta Prohm Temple, or Terrace of the Elephants – a long wall decorated with carved elephants.
Your trip will be unforgettable with impressive memories of a glamorous sunset on Phnom Bakheng, a cycling tour around the grey-headed temples complex or a noisy night on the Pub Street in lively Psar Chas night market.
Leave the centre of Siem Reap for a special trip to beautiful Tonle Sap Lake – the largest lake in Southeast Asia which attracts huge number of tourists every year. Tonle Sap has a unique ecological system and a lot of water wonders, which will make you fall in love with this rural area. With a rich biodiversity, there are wide range of flora and fauna with various species from fish, birds, reptiles to mammals.
Being an animal-lover, don’t forget to take a fascinating sightseeing trip to the Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary, where keeps a huge number of wildlife animals. When in this countryside, it is a good idea to join in daily activities of local people in floating villages such as catching fish, which will bring you most memorable experience ever. .
- Currency: Official currency of Kingdom of Cambodia is Cambodian Riel (KHR). Cambodia is one of the cheapest country in Southeast Asia, therefore you will have the most comfort when travelling to this country. You can exchange your money into KHR upon arrival for more convenience in trading. US Dollar is used widely in many areas, even some ATMs throughout the country dispense US Dollar instead of KHR. Besides, Thai Baht is also often accepted somewhere.
- Transportation: There are several choices in transportation in Cambodia. Tuktuk is the most popular one, which you can hire whole-day to serve your private purposes. Motodup – a kind of motorcycle taxi, is suitable for your perfect city tour. Boat is the best choice for your river trip with high speed and long distance capacity. Besides, if you travel from the north to the south area or from a city to another city, train or plane will take you there. Bus is also used but often just in big cities.
- Visa: You will need a Cambodian visa and a valid passport to enter Cambodia. Visas for tourist and business usually last for 1 month from your entry day to Cambodia. You can easily apply for Cambodian visa online, with simple procedure. Fill in the application form with your exactly personal information which matches the details in your passport via a secured network, then pay the service fee for visa approval letter arrangement and wait for the notify of receiving visa. You can ask your travel agency to help you with this before taking Cambodia vacation packages.
- Languages: Official language of Cambodia is Khmer. English is also widely used in many tourist attractions.
- People: Khmer people are an ethnic group native to Cambodia, which accounts for over 97% Cambodia’s population. Cambodians are gentle, sympathetic and polite. You will catch an Cambodian smiling everywhere. There are very hospitable and friendly, that makes you feel that you are hearty welcomed to this country.
- Religion: Buddhism is the official religion in Cambodia. Most of people, approximately 97% Cambodian population are Buddhism. Hence, there are a lot of religious tours to well-known pagodas or temples when in Cambodia. The rest of Cambodians are Islam, Folk religious, Christianity and non-religious.