Myanmar – Land of Adventure
Located in the heart of Southeast Asia, Myanmar is a beautiful country with extraordinary complex land of mountains, beaches, lakes, island, and the richness of cultural and religious highlights. You will fall in love with this land of diversity in tourist attractions, customs and cuisine. Myanmar will bring you the most breathtaking landscapes inherited from the nature ever, as well as traditional site from world-well-known elegant temples and pagodas. Gorgeous beaches and charming evergreen islands will create for you a great chance to take best relaxation in your vacation. Hence, Myanmar will be a perfect destination in your Asian movement.
Myanmar is a tropical country with main affection from the monsoon. According to geographical features, the monsoon factor divides the weather in Myanmar into three main seasons: hot season, cool season and rainy season. The weather also contains a significant number of sun, rainfall and humidity. The best time to travel to Myanmar is from November to February. Visit Myanmar in this period, you will have great discovery to wonderful nature under cool winds and fresh air, or fascinating exploration to traditional and religious highlights with famous temples and pagodas under a nice weather. These months also limit rainfall and mud, bringing tourists a not-too-hot temperature to take amazing relaxation on gorgeous beaches or on evergreen islands with sufficient sunshines.
Mandalay, which located in the North – Central of Myanmar is the former royal capital of this country. Mandalay is an ideal tourist destination where is the land of Buddhist holy attractions. You can take a special visit to well-known religious and cultural hotspots with Kuthodaw Pagoda and Mahamuni Pagoda. Discover The Gold Beaters of Mandalay to figure out how local people create golden products. Trekking up to Mandalay Hill to contemplate the romantic sunset or wonderful paromana of evergreen natural landscapes from above will bring you unforgettable experience ever. Or a short trip to Royal Palace to explore the history of Myanmar is also a good plan for your trip. Take a movement to the suburb of Mandalay to visit U Bein Bridge – the beautiful oldest and longest teakwood bridge in the world.
Placed in the middle of Mandalay region, Bagan emerges as an ancient city with archaeological area, where has a gorgeous chain of most iconic ancient temples and pagodas. Start your trip in Bagan by sightseeing beautiful Bulethi Pagoda from the above picturesque views while staying on a flying hot air balloon. Or trekking to the hidden Ta Wet Hpaya Pagoda is also an ideal activity which brings you an incredible panoramic sight of the temple complex located deeply into evergreen jungles. Shwesandaw Pagoda, Shwezigon Pagoda and other unnamed pagodas are also the best places for best sunrise or sunset ever. Famous breathtaking temples such as Htilominlo Temple, Ananda Temple, Thatbyinnyu Temple or Shwegugyi Temple will also bring you a great sight of culture and religion in this wonderful land.
Located in the South of Myanmar, Yangon is the biggest city, where is the meeting place among tradition, culture and modernity. Upon arrival to Yangon, take a discovery to wonderful complex of picturesque nature in green parks and gardens such as Yangon Zoo, Bogyoke Aung San Park, Hlawga Wildlife Park, Independence Monument & Mahabandoola Garden or Kan Taw Mingalar Park. Take a deep insight to famous museums including Bogyoke Aung San Museum, National Museum of Myanmar, Aung San Suu Kyi’s House or Karawei Hall at Kandawgyi Lake, which are ideal tourist attractions that will bring you a first glance at unique culture of Myanmar. Start your historical and religious exploration by visiting most popular highlights such as well-known Golden Rock-Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Botahtaung Pagoda, Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda, Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue or Sule Pagoda.
Located in the heart of Shan Hills, which is in the central east of Myanmar, Inle Lake is a wonderful destination that attracts a large number of tourists thanks to its picturesque landscapes and beautiful floating gardens. Inle Lake offers a diverse ecological system with a lot of amazing activities that bring travelers a great chance to merge into the nature. Inle Wetland Bird Sanctuary is an ideal tourist attraction where is a UNESCO Heritage Site. Inle Lakes is a complex of various lake shores and floating villages, where you can watch the special traditional one-legged fishermen doing their daily activity by keeping balance on the boat by only one-leg for fishing. Taking a short trip to local villages in Nam Pan, In Phaw Khone or Ywama and enjoy the peaceful life of people is also a funny plan that will bring you amazing experiences. Do shopping with traditional products in Mingalar Market. Join into the fresh air of lush countryside by cycling around the lake with paddy fields surrounding, or participate in cooking class to know how to make delicious specialities in this country.
Besides cultural and religious highlights, Myanmar also a home of most gorgeous pristine beaches ever. You can take the best relaxation by lying on charming long white sands, sunbathing under sparkling sunshines and the swaying evergreen coconut palm trees, and drowning yourself into the crystal clear blue seawater in the top wonderful beaches in Myanmar such as Ngapali, Mergui Archipelago, Ngwe Saung, Chaung Tha or Kanthaya and other glamorous beaches all over the country.
- Currency: Official currency of Myanmar is Burmese Kyat (MMK). You can exchange your currency into MMK upon arrival to Myanmar. US Dollar, and even Thai Baht are also used widely in many tourist attractions. Even some of the ATMs in tourist regions carrying out the transactions in US Dollar.
- Transportation: Myanmar offers a wide range of transportations. Horse Carriage Taxi is a local vehicle which takes you on a special trip to discover the beauty of countryside. To take a city tour, taxi, motorbike taxi or bike-for-rent are the popular choices. Public bus is for long-distance travel. Boat is used widely on floating trip on the rivers or lakes. Myanmar also has international airport for worldwide excursions.
- Visa: To enter Myanmar for travel, you need to have a valid passport with at least 6 months and a visa for travel. You should apply for a visa before reaching this country at Burmese embassy or you can do it online for more convenience with simple procedures and cheap cost.
- Languages: Burmese, which is considered as the official language in Myanmar is spoken by over two thirds of the population. In many tourist destinations throughout the country, English and Chinese are also spoken widely.
- People: Myanmar is a diverse country in cultural with 135 ethnic groups. The largest group is the Burmese Chinese and Panthay. Most of the people in Myanmar are friendly and hospitable. You will catch a smiling person everywhere. Therefore, when in Myanmar, you will always feel that you are hearty welcomed by the local citizens at any region.
- Religion: Buddhism in Myanmar, which is predominantly by the Theravada tradition is the main religion in this country. Myanmar is a Buddhist country with the large amount of monks in population and the proportion of budget spent on religion. Besides, there are also small religious groups of Christians and Muslims.